Monday, January 26, 2009

Washington

One marshmallow on fire, and one in the ash (yummy)!

Avery and Charlie wondering what happened to their marshmallows?

On January 10th, a good friend from college got married in Sumner, Washington. Although Washington in January, is well, very soggy, we packed up the kids and traded in our tank tops for ski clothes.
I don't know what it is about Washington, but I still love it. It had horrible flooding while we were there, even the 5 freeway had to be shut down. It rained the entire time, but I still missed it. There is something comforting about the rain: Like it gives you an excuse to stay in and light a fire and have a warm cup of hot coco (or wine).
We stayed with our good friends Kent and Heather. They have two little girls almost the same age as our two kids, and it was so fun! We played with the kids, cooked (Heather is an awesome cook, so I really just watched as she cooked), we stayed up late and played board games, and roasted marshmallows with the girls and just got to catch up.
After we left, I realized that friends like them are why I think I have such fond memories of Washington. I can't wait for the kids to grow up together, and only wish we lived closer, so we could be together more often, because I for sure can win that board game with some more practice.

No comments: